Chicken with Haloumi and Watermelon Salad
- 700g chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 200g haloumi cheese, sliced into 1cm slices
- 800g seedless watermelon, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1. Cut chicken in half horizontally. Place chicken in a medium bowl with thyme, oregano, marjoram, sesame seeds, salt and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toss to coat.
2. Cook chicken on a heated grill plate, or BBQ, in batches, over a medium heat for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Once cooked, slice and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic and sugar.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine haloumi and the remaining oil. Cook the haloumi on the BBQ or grill plate for 2 minutes, turning until golden all over.
5. Add haloumi to a large bowl with watermelon, olives and mint and toss gently to combine. Serve with sliced chicken on top.
Fresh Tip: Once watermelons are ripe, store in the fridge. Always refrigerate a cut watermelon.
• Energy 4085Kj • Protein 71g • Total Fat 69g • Saturated Fat 25g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 1544mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.