BBQ Prawn, Courgette and Corn Salad
- 1 fresh sweetcorn
- 1 courgette, sliced
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g large prawns peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 100g sliced black olives
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
BBQ Prawn Courgette and Corn Salad
1. Preheat a BBQ to a medium heat.
2. Remove husk from corn. Place corn on the BBQ, and cook for 2-3 minutes, rotating to cook all sides. Remove from BBQ and, once cooled, slice corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place courgette pieces on the BBQ and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Set aside.
4. Spray prawns with cooking oil spray. Cook prawns on the BBQ, turning, until the colour changes and the outsides become chargrilled. Set aside.
5. Heat the olives on the BBQ plate for a few minutes, or until warmed.
6. To make the dressing, in a small jug, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and zest. Season to taste.
7. In a large serving bowl, toss together the corn, courgettes, prawns, spinach, tomatoes, red onion, feta and pine nuts. Pour over the dressing and toss well to combine.
Fresh Tip: Refrigerate sweetcorn in its husk to keep it fresher for longer.
• Energy 2000Kj • Protein 50g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 16g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 1429mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.