Spiced Beef and Broccoli Salad
- 350g lean beef strips
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 2 handfuls baby kale leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Small bunch fresh mint, finely shredded
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
1. In a large bowl, toss the beef strips with the chilli flakes, garam masala, sea salt and black pepper. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Blanch the broccoli and kale for 1-2 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain well.
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook beef in batches over a high heat until browned and medium rare.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, yoghurt, lemon juice and mint. Season to taste.
5. Arrange the lentils and greens on a platter or shallow serving bowl, then top with the seared beef. Mix to combine. Serve with mint yoghurt on the side.
Fresh Tip: Broccoli stalks can be used as well, just finely slice and cook with rest of broccoli as per recipe.
• Energy 1209Kj • Protein 29g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 635mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.