Ham and pea patties with mustard mayo
- 475g bought mashed potato
- 2 thick ham slices, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup packaged dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Combine mashed potato, ham, peas and flour in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using damp hands, shape mixture into 12 patties. Coat in breadcrumbs.
2. Heat half oil in large frying pan over moderately high heat. Cook patties, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, slice cucumber into long thin ribbons. Combine cucumber and spinach in a medium bowl. Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl.
4. Place patties and salad on plates. Serve with mustard mayo.