Summer spaghetti with pea pesto and ham
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flaked parmesan cheese
- 200g finely sliced leg ham
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
1. In large saucepan of boiling water add pasta and cook until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, microwave peas on HIGH for 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and set aside. Blend or process peas with garlic, nuts, herbs, cheese and oil until mixture forms a thick puree.
3. Combine pea pesto, ham and juice with pasta in large bowl.