Spicy Mango Chutney
- 5 mangoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped dried peaches
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients over a high heat (without boiling) until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour or until chutney is thick.
2. Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised jars and seal immediately. Once cooled, label and date jars and wrap them up as gifts.
Mix your mango chutney with tofu, veggies, and brown rice for a healthy lunch or dinner.
• Energy 3682Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 1g • Saturated Fat 0.2g • Carbohydrates 202g • Sugars 200g • Sodium 585mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.