Chinese Five-Spice Prawn Cutlets with Lemon Soy Dressing
- 750g Sea Treasure Butterfly Prawns, heads removed, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lemon Soy Dressing Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 t/2 Tbsp caster sugar
1. Preheat a lightly oiled barbecue or chargrill plate on high. In a medium bowl, combine five-spice, chilli, salt and pepper. Add prawns and toss to coat. Spray prawns with cooking oil spray and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the soy, lemon juice and sugar in a smaller jug.
3. Toss lettuce, cucumber and coriander together and arrange on a serving plate, top with prawns and drizzle with lemon soy dressing.
Store leftover lettuce by wrapping it in a paper towel and placing it in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
• Energy 882Kj • Protein 40g • Total Fat 1g • Saturated Fat 0g • Carbohydrates 8g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 1448mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation