Seared Salmon with Miso Slaw
- 2 large handfuls red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large handfuls green cabbage, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped. Plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 4 x 130g Ocean Blue Salmon Portions,Skin On
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- Dressing ingredients
- 1/4 cup neutral flavoured oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Combine the cabbages, celery, carrot, spring onion, coriander and peanuts in a salad bowl.
2. To make the miso dressing, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, miso, mustard, ginger and garlic. Pour over slaw, mix to combine and set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat, brush the salmon fillets with oil and season with salt.
4. Cook the salmon skin-side down for 4-5 minutes before carefully turning over and cooking the top for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. It will flake easily when fully cooked.
5. Serve salmon with slaw on the side, sprinkled with extra peanuts, if desired.
For the neutral oil, try using canola or rice bran.
• Energy 2508Kj • Protein 28g • Total Fat 51g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 7g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 1005mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.