Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg Bagels
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 30g butter, plus extra to serve
- 4 bagels, split, toasted
- 200g Regal Cold Smoked Salmon Slices
- Chives, snipped, to serve
- Salad mix, to serve
1. To make rocket pesto; in a food processor, combine rocket, oil, half the Parmesan, cashews and garlic. Process until smooth and season. Set aside.
2. In a large jug, whisk eggs and cream together, then stir in the remaining Parmesan.
3. In a large frying pan, on a medium heat, melt half the butter. Add egg mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring and folding with a wooden spoon occasionally, until just set. Season to taste.
4. Butter the toasted bagels and place on serving plates. Top evenly with eggs and slices of smoked salmon. Drizzle with the rocket pesto and garnish with chives. Serve with salad mix.
Keep eggs in their carton in the fridge.
• Energy 4188Kj • Protein 38g • Total Fat 73g • Saturated Fat 23g • Carbohydrates 47g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 1673mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation