Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos with Tartare Sauce & Coleslaw
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 6 fresh Tarakihi fillets, cut into small even-sized pieces
- 40g butter
- 1/4 cup rice bran oil, for frying
- 10 mini tortilla wraps
- Store-bought tartare sauce
- Coleslaw ingredients
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- Handful of baby spinach leaves, roughly shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to Tell When Fish is Cooked
1. To make the coleslaw, in a large bowl, combine the red cabbage, carrot and spinach leaves.
2. Whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar together and add to the coleslaw mixture. Season to taste.
3. For the fish, a medium bowl, combine the flour and lemon pepper. Dust each piece of fish with the seasoned flour. Set aside.
4. Heat a teaspoon of the butter with a few tablespoons of the oil in a pan on medium. Fry 4-6 pieces of fish at a time until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels when cooked.
5. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and fish.
6. Heat the tortillas in the microwave or oven and serve with the golden fish fillets, a dollop of tartare sauce and the crunchy coleslaw.
To prevent fish cooking unevenly, let it come to room temperature for 15 mins before cooking.
• Energy 1704Kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 29g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 671mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation