Saffron and Cardamom Spiced Pavlova
- countdown cream , 500ml
- 3 saffron threads
- 150ml cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1 store-bought pavlova
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled, chopped
- 2 mandarins, peel and segment
- Mint leaves for garnish
1. Steep the saffron threads in the cream overnight.
2. Add the cardamom and whip the cream about 90% of the way. Add the icing sugar and whip until peaks form.
3. Spread the cream over the pavlova. Top with the pomegranate arils, mandarin segments and pistachios. Garnish with mint.
• Energy 877Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 30g • Sugars 30g • Sodium 25mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation