Saffron and Cardamom Spiced Pavlova
- 3 saffron threads
- 150 ml cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1 store-bought pavlova
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled, chopped
- 2 mandarins, peel and segment
- mint leaves for garnish
1. Steep the saffron threads in the cream overnight.
2. Add the cardamom and whip the cream about 90% of the way. Add the icing sugar and whip until peaks form.
3. Spread the cream over the pavlova. Top with the pomegranate arils, mandarin segments and pistachios. Garnish with mint.
Energy 877Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 30g • Sugars 30g • Sodium 25mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation