Date and Nut Bliss Balls
- 1 cup natural almonds
- 1/2 cup natural walnuts
- 200g dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, to coat
1. Place nuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to grind, then add the dates, apricots or raisins, flax seed, cinnamon and cocoa. Process until the mixture sticks together and forms a thick, textured paste.
2. Scrape mixture from the processor, and add into a medium sized bowl. Shape into 20 even sized balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until firm.
3. Roll the bliss balls in coconut, to coat.