Apple and Rhubarb Crumble Jar with Honey Yoghurt
- 4 stalks of rhubarb, washed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 2 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Crumble mixture
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. To make the crumble, place the butter and flour into a large bowl. Using clean fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Spread the mixture onto a large lined oven tray and bake, stirring occasionally to break up any lumps, for 20–25 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, place the rhubarb in a large bowl and sprinkle with the orange zest and half of the caster sugar. Stir to coat, then spread out onto a lined oven tray. Roast the rhubarb for 15–20 minutes, or until soft.
4. Place the apples, remaining sugar, vanilla and water into a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the apples for 10–12 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
5. In a small bowl, mix yoghurt and honey until combined.
6. To serve, layer the apple, honey-yoghurt, and rhubarb into serving jars. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top and finish with a few pieces of rhubarb.
• Energy 2010Kj • Protein 7g • Total Fat 21g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 63g • Sugars 48g • Sodium 233mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation