Warm Panzanella Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta or sourdough, torn into chunks
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsbp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan on medium. Fry bread and prosciutto for 4-5 minutes. Put aside and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and herbs.
3. In a jug, whisk remaining oil and vinegar together. Season to taste. Toss bread and bacon through the salad. Drizzle with dressing to serve.
Freeze any leftover bread to make breadcrumbs.
• Energy 2416Kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 27g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 60g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 1098mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation