Mini Mille Feuille
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped
- 10 strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
- Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line a large oven tray.
2. Cut pastry sheet into 24 rectangles. Arrange on prepared tray and brush with egg yolk.
3. Sprinkle 12 of the pastry rectangles with sugar, leave the remainder plain.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden and puffed. Flatten slightly using a spatula and leave to cool on trays.
5. Spread cream over plain rectangles. Top with a slice of strawberry and remaining sugared pastry.
6. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
• Energy 490Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 7g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 46mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation