Creamed Spinach and Kumara Bake
- 10g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 500g frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 300ml cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large kumara, thinly sliced
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Oil a deep 25cm x 30cm baking dish.
2. Melt butter with oil in a large frying pan. Cook onion until soft. Add spinach, half of the cream and ½ cup of the milk. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Place a third of the kumara and a third of the potato, slightly overlapping, in the dish. Spread with half the spinach mixture. Repeat layering, ending with kumara and potato.
4. Combine remaining cream and milk and pour over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake, covered, for about 1 hour or until potato is tender. Uncover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned.
• Energy 1372kj • Protein 7g • Total Fat 25g • Saturated Fat 15g • Carbohydrates 18g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 87mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation