Christmas Tree Cookies
- 250g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour plus extra, for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 10 drops of green food colouring
- 1 – 2 Tbsp water (approx)
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in flour, mixing just until a ball of dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
3. Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of ½cm.
4. Using the cookie cutter, cut out shapes of dough. Carefully place biscuits onto a tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove to cool on the tray until firm.
6. Combine icing sugar, food colouring and enough water to form firm, spreadable icing. Spread over cookies once completely cooled.
• Energy 438kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 5g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 13g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 43mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation