- 2 x 85g packets raspberry-flavoured jelly crystals
- 500g strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 500ml custard
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 x 340g chocolate log, unfilled
- 500ml cream, whipped
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup hazelnut liqueur (or strong, sweet coffee)
- 1 x 30g Flake chocolate bar
1. Make jelly following packet directions and pour in to a rectangular slice pan to set. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or until set. Turn jelly out onto a board lined with baking paper. Cut jelly into cubes.
2. Place the strawberries in a shallow dish and scatter with sugar. Stand for 10 minutes.
3. To make the chocolate custard, pour custard into a large bowl. Add melted dark chocolate and stir to combine.
4. Fill the chocolate logs with half of the whipped cream, keeping the other half covered in the fridge. Carefully roll up the chocolate log and slice into 1cm rounds. Place half the cake slices over the base and halfway up the side of a 14-cup serving bowl.
5. Spoon one-third each of the strawberries and raspberries over the cake slices. Sprinkle half the liqueur on top. Lay half the jelly over the fruit then top with half of the custard. Lay the remaining sponge slices on top of the custard and up the side of the dish. Top with half the remaining fruit, remaining liqueur, jelly and custard. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
6. When ready to serve, spoon the remaining cream over the custard. Top with the remaining fruit and crumble the chocolate over the top.
• Energy 2802Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 27g • Saturated Fat 16g • Carbohydrates 92g • Sugars 73g • Sodium 473mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation