Candy Cane Fudge
- 500g white chocolate melts
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 30g butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped peppermint candy canes, plus 1/4 cup extra, to sprinkle
1. Line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place chocolate, condensed milk and butter in a medium heatproof bowl over a deep saucepan of simmering water (don't let the base of the bowl touch the water). Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until melted and smooth.
3. Remove the bowl from the pan. Add candy canes and stir until well combined. Working quickly, pour mixture into prepared pan. Level the top then tap pan on the bench to release any air bubbles. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until set.
4. Transfer fudge to a board and cut into squares. Decorate with extra candy canes and press down lightly so they stick. Keep chilled.
• Energy 1147kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 33g • Sodium 65mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation