Coconut Ice Candy Canes
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint essence
- 10 drops green food colouring
- Red writing icing, to decorate
1. Sift icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl. Stir in coconut. Add condensed milk, essence and food colouring. Stir to combine.
2. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
3. Roll heaped tablespoons of coconut mixture into 14cm logs. Bend one end to make a candy cane shape. Place on prepared tray. Chill canes for 30 minutes, or until set.
4. Using writing icing, pipe diagonal stripes across candy canes. Leave to set at room temperature for about 1 hour.
• Energy 809kj • Protein 2g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 23g • Sugars 23g • Sodium 17mg
Dietary and Nutritional information info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation