Turkey Rice Paper Rolls
- 2 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 12 large fresh basil leaves
- 12 sheets large rice paper (or 24 small)
- Dipping Sauce
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Juice from 1-2 limes
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Lay a clean, damp tea towel out flat on the bench. One at a time, run each rice paper sheet under a warm tap so that both sides are wet, shake off the excess water, then lay on the tea towel to rest and soften. Start with doing 4 sheets at a time and by the time you’ve laid the last one out, the first will be soft enough for you to work with.
2. Place some of the turkey, cabbage, carrot and herbs in an even line, below the halfway mark of the round, leaving 3cm on either side free from filling.
3. Fold the bottom edge snugly over the ingredients, then fold in the sides and roll up and repeat with the remaining sheets.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut each roll in half on a diagonal. If you are using smaller rice paper, you won’t need to cut them.
5. To make the dipping sauce, blend all of the ingredients together and season to taste.
6. Serve turkey rolls on a platter with the dipping sauce and quartered limes on the side.
This recipe also works well with leftover cooked chicken.
• Energy 422Kj • Protein 9g • Total Fat 2g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 188mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation