- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, chopped
- 125g sour cream
- 1 cup leftover vegetables e.g. peas, beans and potatoes, cut into bit sized pieces
- 25g butter, melted, plus 25g for stuffing
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup white wine (or leftover bubbles)
- 1/2 cup stock or water
- 1/2cup leftover gravy (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Stuffing topping
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (ideally made from stale bread)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mixed herbs – e.g. parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Line a baking dish with the puff pastry, leaving a bit to hang over the sides. Freeze while you make the filling.
3. In a bowl, combine the turkey, sour cream and vegetables.
4. In another bowl, combine the topping ingredients and set aside.
5. Make a sauce by mixing the butter and flour together in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the wine, stock and gravy. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5-7
minutes while stirring. It should be the consistency of thick gravy. Add to the turkey mixture.
6. Place turkey mixture in baking dish and top with stuffing topping. Bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
This recipe also works with leftover cooked chicken.
• Energy 1853kj • Protein 19g • Total Fat 28g • Saturated Fat 15g • Carbohydrates 26g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 751mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation