Rosemary and Maple Potato Skewers with Butterfly Chicken
- 1 whole butterfy chicken
- 700g baby potatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- Zest of ½ an orange
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley (optional)
1. Cook the chicken according to the packet instructions.
2. In a large saucepan of salted water, bring potatoes to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, then run under cold water to cool. Return to the pan.
3. Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. If the potatoes are uneven sizes, cut larger ones in half. Add the oil, rosemary, orange zest, garlic and maple syrup to the saucepan and toss the potatoes to coat. Thread several pieces onto each skewer.
4. Place the skewers on the grill and cook, for 3 minutes, or until grill marks develop. Brush with any remaining dressing as they cook. Turn the skewers and grill for 3 more minutes, or until crisp and golden all over.
5. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Serve potato skewers on a platter and sprinkle with salt and chopped parsley.
Tip: Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning on the grill.
• Energy 2676j • Protein 42g • Total Fat 43g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 22g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 510mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation