Crushed Baby Potato, Ham and Egg Salad
- 1kg baby potatoes, washed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 350g ham, sliced
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched
- 1/3 bunch parsley to serve
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. In a large saucepan of salted water, bring potatoes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until just tender. Drain and lightly crush with a masher. Toss with oil and season. Transfer to an oven tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice and mustard together. Set aside.
4. In a large frying pan, brown ham for a few minutes on each side.
5. To poach the eggs, bring a saucepan of water to the boil on medium with vinegar. Gently slide eggs in, then poach for 2 minutes, until white is set and yolk is still runny. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
6. Arrange potatoes, ham, peas and eggs on a plate. Drizzle with dressing and scatter with parsley to serve.
• Energy 2539Kj • Protein 26g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 49g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 1581mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation