Christmas Pudding Sundaes with Salted Caramel
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Leftover Christmas pudding, or cake
- 100ml whipped cream, to serve
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, to serve
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. To make the sauce, heat the sugar with 2 Tbsp water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Try not to stir it - swirl the pan instead to encourage the sugar to dissolve evenly. Simmer for 7-9 minutes, or until the liquid begins to turn amber (be careful not to burn it!)
2. Quickly add the butter. Stir the mixture until it is completely melted, for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Slowly drizzle in the cream while stirring. Boil the mixture for 1 minute until it is smooth, golden and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt.
4. Place scoops of ice cream into glasses, topped with crumbled pudding (or cake), then a drizzle of the sauce. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon to finish.
You can make this sauce in advance – just warm the caramel up before serving.
• Energy 2784Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 22g • Carbohydrates 82g • Sugars 69g • Sodium 568mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation