Meatballs with Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- 490g store-bought meatballs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp American-style mustard
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to Speed Up Dinner Prep
1. Cook meatballs according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, bring the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chilli, garlic and lemon juice to the boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a dipping bowl.
4. Arrange meatballs on a serving platter with toothpicks and sauce on the side.
• Energy 1213Kj • Protein 20g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 208mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.