Meatballs with Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- 490g store-bought meatballs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp American-style mustard
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook meatballs according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, bring the tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chilli, garlic and lemon juice to the boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a dipping bowl.
4. Arrange meatballs on a serving platter with toothpicks and sauce on the side.
• Energy 1213Kj • Protein 20g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 208mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.