Crunchy Spiced Baby Potatoes
- 700g baby potatoes, skins on
- Oil, to deep-fry
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground chilli
- 1/2 cup Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
1. In a saucepan of boiling, salted water cook potatoes for 10 minutes, until just tender. Drain and cool slightly. Use a tea towel to help squash each potato with your hand, so it cracks a little.
2. In a heavy-based saucepan or deep-fryer, heat oil to 180°C. Lower potatoes into oil and cook for 8 minutes, until golden and crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and spices. Add hot potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with yoghurt on the side.
• Energy 1069Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 11g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 31g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 19mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation