Chicken and Asparagus Vol-Au-Vents
- 4 large vol-au-vent cases
- 2 tsp vegetable or olive oil
- 400g chicken mince
- 340g can asparagus spears, drained, coarsely chopped
- 420g can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- fresh produce onions red peeled, per kg loose
- ¼ cup low-fat French dressing
How to Chop an Onion
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Place vol-au-vent cases on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until hot and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Add asparagus, soup, cream and Parmesan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to the boil. Remove pan from heat.
5. Divide chicken mixture equally among cases. Serve topped with combined rocket, onion and dressing.
For tasty finger food, serve in small vol-au-vent cases.
• Energy 3029Kj • Protein 35g • Total Fat 43g • Saturated Fat 24g • Carbohydrates 47g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 1350mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation