Tomato, Leek and Marinated Feta Tartlets
- 20g butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 1/4 cups (approx) for marinade
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus 2 tsp for marinade
- Marinated Feta:
- 1 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g feta cheese, cut into 25 cubes
1. To make marinated feta, place ingredients (except oil) in a medium glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Seal jar then shake gently to coat cheese. Open the jar and pour in enough of the oil to cover the cheese. Reseal and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 220°C (200° fan-forced) and grease a large oven tray.
3. Heat butter and oil in large frying pan. Cook leek, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until soft.
4. Meanwhile, cut pastry into 25 x 5cm squares. Place on oven tray and prick each with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven to 200°C (180° fan -forced).
5. Combine tomatoes and vinegar in a medium bowl, season to taste.
6. Divide leeks between pastry squares. Top with a piece of cheese and tomato. Bake for 5 minutes or until tomato just softens. Sprinkle with thyme and serve.
• Energy 805Kj • Protein 2g • Total Fat 19g • Saturated Fat 6g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 129mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation