Fruit Salad with Mint Lime Granita
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 250 punnet strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 2 peaches, stones removed, cut into 2cm slice
- 2 plums, stones removed, cut into quarters
- 1 cup sparkling white wine or grape juice, chilled
- Mint Lime Granita
- 1/3 cup lime juice, plus 4 wide strips of zest
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 peppermint teabag
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
1. To make the granita, combine 2 cups of water, lime juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Add zest and teabag and bring to a simmer.
2. Remove from heat to infuse for 3-4 minutes. Remove teabag and zest. Allow to cool, then stir in mint and transfer to a shallow metal tray. Freeze for 2-3 hours until set.
3. Combine fruit in a large glass bowl and gently mix. Pour over wine and keep chilled.
4. When ready to serve, take granita out of the freezer. Using a fork, scrape along granita to form ice chips and spoon over the fruit.
• Energy 674Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 0g • Saturated Fat 0g • Carbohydrates 30g • Sugars 30g • Sodium 21mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation