Goat Cheese, Avocado and Smoked Salmon Cups
- Butter, for greasing
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 75g soft goat cheese
- 2 slices smoked salmon, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Black pepper
How to de-bone Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Grease a 12-hole mini-muffin pan.
2. Roll out bread slices to flatten slightly. Cut a 7cm circle from each slice, using the rim of a large glass. Brush with oil and gently press into prepared pans, oiled-side down. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until golden. Cool on wire racks.
3. Lightly mash goat cheese in a small bowl and and fold through salmon, avocado, and lemon juice. Season to taste with pepper. Spoon into bread cups just before serving.
Save the leftover bread in the freezer to make fresh breadcrumbs.
• Energy 568Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 14g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 212mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation