Watermelon, Peach and Basil Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cubed peaches or nectarines
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
1. In a small bowl whisk the oil and vinegar and set aside.
2. In a large bowl toss the watermelon, peaches, basil and spinach until mixed. Add the oil and vinegar dressing and transfer to a serving dish.
3. Crush the hazelnuts with the flat side of a knife or place in a small resealable bag and bash with a rolling pin. Scatter hazelnuts over the salad and serve.
To add a salty, creamy element, try adding some crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
• Energy 807Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 15g • Sugars 15g • Sodium 3mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation