Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Wreath Cake
- 250g butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa, sifted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g roasted almonds
- 100g milk chocolate, melted
- 125g punnet raspberries
How to Make Ganache
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 24cm ring cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and water in a saucepan on low, stirring until melted. Transfer to a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk in the flour and cocoa. Stir through the eggs. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before turning out to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make the ganache. Combine chocolate and cream in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in short bursts until melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
5. Spread ganache over the cake. Arrange marshmallows, cranberries and almonds on the top. Drizzle melted chocolate over the topping. Sprinkle with raspberries.
To make this really simple, just pick up a store-bought cake and cut a hole out of the middle, then you just need to decorate.
• Energy 3414Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 42g • Saturated Fat 25g • Carbohydrates 99g • Sugars 83g • Sodium 191mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.