Dukkah Beetroot and Kumara Skewers
- 400g kumara, peeled and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 450g can baby beetroot, drained
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped roasted almonds
1. To make the dukkah, toast the sesame seeds, cumin and coriander in a small frying pan until fragrant. Place into a small bowl with the chopped almonds and mix to combine.
2. Microwave kumara for 3 – 4 minutes or until tender.
3. Cut any large beetroot so they’re roughly the same size as the kumara.
4. Thread kumara and beetroot onto eight bamboo skewers, alternating between each.
5. Cook skewers on a heated oiled BBQ over a medium heat for about 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Meanwhile, combine oil, vinegar and mint in a small jug. Season to taste.
7. Serve skewers drizzled with mint dressing and sprinkle with dukkah.
Soak skewers in cold water for 15 minutes before use to prevent them from burning during cooking.
• Energy 425Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 4g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 13g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 132mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation