- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 4 nectarines, stoned, sliced
- Pulp of 1 passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Spread mixture onto tray to form a 26cm-round.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C and bake 55-60 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow to cool with the door ajar, to dry out completely.
6. To serve, spread cream over the top. Decorate with peaches and drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
• Energy 1192Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 9g • Carbohydrates 32g • Sugars 32g • Sodium 45mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.