Gluten-free Pear, Walnut and Maple Steamed Pudding
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup milk
- Raspberries, to serve
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Yoghurt or cream, to serve
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 2L casserole dish. Place in a large baking dish to create a bath.
2. In a large frying pan, melt 50g butter on high. Stir in 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Add pears and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Stir walnuts through.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat remaining butter, maple syrup and vanilla until well mixed.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Fold in flour alternately with milk. Spoon into dish. Place pear mixture on the surface.
5.Cover dish with baking paper and foil. Pour enough hot water into the surrounding dish to come halfway up the sides of the pudding dish. Cover both tightly with foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through.
6. Serve topped with raspberries, dusted with icing sugar, and a bowl of yoghurt or cream on the side.
• Energy 2628Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 31g • Saturated Fat 15g • Carbohydrates 79g • Sugars 35g • Sodium 323mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.