Warm Tofu Salad
- 400g firm tofu
- 2 tsp piri piri seasoning
- 1 large eggplant, cut into wedges
- 3 large flat mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 small brown onion, cut into thick rings
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges lengthways
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 130g baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
How to Chop an Onion
1. Cut tofu into 8 equal slices. Pat dry all over with paper towels. Sprinkle tofu with piri piri seasoning.
2. Preheat a BBQ plate over moderately high heat. Toss all vegetables (except spinach) with oil in a large bowl and season to taste.
3. Cook vegetables, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add tofu alongside vegetables and cook, turning, for 5 minutes, or until tofu is browned.
4. Combine vegetables, spinach and vinegar in a large heatproof serving bowl. Toss gently to combine and until spinach wilts slightly.
5. Top salad with tofu. Serve warm.
Pressing tofu between paper towels removes excess moisture. This prevents it going soggy when cooked and gives an extra-crisp coating.
• Energy 1272Kj • Protein 18g • Total Fat 15g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 18g • Sugars 17g • Sodium 126mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation