Chocolate Rum Truffles
- 200g dark chocolate, grated
- 150ml cream
- 20g butter
- 1 Tbsp dark rum (or rum or almond flavouring)
- Cocoa, to coat
- Flaked almonds, toasted, to coat
- Desiccated coconut, to coat
1. Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Combine cream and butter in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate. Set aside for 1-2 minutes. Add rum and stir until smooth. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Line a large tray with baking paper. Place cocoa, almonds and coconut in separate shallow bowls.
3. Using your hands, shape heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Roll in cocoa or other toppings to coat well. Transfer to tray. Chill for 20 minutes.
• Energy 447Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 8g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 7g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 14mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation