Char-grilled Prawn, Mango and Feta Salad
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g large prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 120 g rocket leaves
- 200 g feta cheese, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 mango, seeded, peeled, chopped into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. In a medium bowl, combine prawns, half of the oil, parsley and garlic. Marinate for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
2. Preheat BBQ grill on medium. Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side, until colour changes and they're cooked through.
3. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, rocket, feta and mango, tossing gently. Top salad with prawns.
4. Combine remaining oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and serve.
To make this even easier, use store-bought cooked prawns instead. Just toss them in the marinade before serving and reduce the garlic to 1 small clove, as garlic is much stronger when it's raw.
• Energy 1625kj • Protein 37g • Total Fat 20g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 13g • Sugars 13g • Sodium 936mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation