BLT Pasta Salad
- 250g penne pasta
- 250g bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 2 baby cos lettuce, torn
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well and leave to cool.
2. Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan on high. Sauté bacon for 2-3 minutes, until crisp.
3. To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small jug. Season to taste.
4. In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon and toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over and sprinkle with Parmesan.
You could also add sliced avocado and toasted croutons made from stale bread.
• Energy 2028Kj • Protein 23g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 45g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 1005mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation