Build Your Own Bagel Brunch
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 rashers bacon
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 4 or 6 eggs
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 200g smoked salmon slices
- 3 blueberry bagels, split, toasted
- 3 savoury bagels, split, toasted
- To serve:
- Baby spinach leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Chopped dill
1. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan on high. Cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Drain on a paper towel.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water and the vinegar to a gentle boil. With a wooden spoon, create a whirlpool in the centre. Add the eggs one at a time and gently poach for 3 minutes.
3. Arrange the bacon, eggs and all the other toppings in bowls and platters with bagels.
The freshest eggs are easiest to poach.
• Energy 3126Kj • Protein 35g • Total Fat 45g • Saturated Fat 18g • Carbohydrates 51g • Sugars 11g • Sodium 1637mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation