Cherry and White Chocolate Semi-Freddo
- 3 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 200g white chocolate bits
- 300g cherries, stoned and halved, plus extra to decorate
1. Line a 1.5L loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough at the sides to overlap and cover the top of the semi-freddo.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and caster sugar until thick and pale. Fold in the whipped cream and chocolate. Fold in the cherries until just combined – be careful not to overmix.
3. Pour into the prepared pan and fold over the plastic wrap. Freeze for several hours, or overnight.
4. Turn the semi-freddo out onto a platter. Leave for a few minutes to partly melt. Decorate with extra cherries.
• Energy 1558kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 24g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 33g • Sugars 33g • Sodium 66mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation