Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, 2 mashed well, plus 2 sliced
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 30g butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
How to Keep Fruit Fresh for Longer
1. Whisk eggs thoroughly, and beat in the mashed bananas until smooth. Stir in the baking powder.
2. Heat a large frying pan on high. Add the butter to grease the pan, then pour off the excess into the batter.
3. Turn the heat down and ladle enough mixture (about 2-3 tablespoons each) into the frying pan. Cook until the underside is golden and you can see bubbles on the upper surface. Carefully flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Set aside and keep warm while you finish cooking the rest of the batter.
4. In a separate large frying pan, fry bacon and the sliced bananas for 2-3 minutes each side. Make sure the banana doesn’t go too soft and break apart.
5. Serve pancakes with the bacon, fried banana and a little maple syrup.
For a vegetarian version, try these pancakes with blueberries and yoghurt instead of bacon. Or to make dairy free, use 2 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil
• Energy 724Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 14g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 357mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation