Apricot Compote with Brioche
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 700g apricots, quartered, stones removed,
- 250g mascarpone
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- Brioche or fruit bread, sliced and toasted
How to Make Ganache
1. Combine water, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir on a low heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add apricots, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until apricots are soft and compote thickens. Set aside to cool.
4. In a small bowl, mix together mascarpone and icing sugar until smooth.
5. To serve, spread mascarpone mixture onto toasted brioche and top with apricot compote
Keep leftover compote in a jar in the fridge – it’s great on toast or ice cream.
• Energy 611kj • Protein 1.5g • Total Fat 3.5g • Saturated Fat 1.5g • Carbohydrates 26g • Sugars 21g • Sodium 48mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation