- 3 telegraph cucumbers
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 limes, 2 thinly sliced, 2 juiced
- Ice cubes, to serve
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups soda water, chilled
1. Peel the cucumbers, reserving the peel in ribbons for garnish. Cut cucumbers in half lengthways and run a teaspoon down the centre to remove and discard seeds. Coarsely chop cucumber flesh.
2. Place the cucumber flesh, mint and water in a blender and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large jug. Press down on the pulp with a spatula to extract as much juice as possible, so you end up with approximately 2 cups of juice. Chill for 1 hour.
3. Add the cucumber juice and peel, sliced limes and juice and ice cubes. Stir in the honey if you like it sweet. Top up with soda water and stir to combine.
• Energy 205Kj • Protein 2g • Total Fat 0g • Saturated Fat 0g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 14mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation