Green Bean and Pea Salad with feta, olives and pinenuts
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 500g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 300g frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine feta, pine nuts, olives and mint in a small bowl.
2. Cook beans and peas in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and place in a serving dish.
3. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Scatter with feta mixture and serve.
Pay close attention when toasting the pine nuts as they can burn very quickly. Take them off the heat just before they start to colour. You could also swap these out for sliced toasted almonds, if you prefer.
• Energy 1213Kj • Protein 11g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 10g • Sugars 7g • Sodium 515mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation