- 1 1/3 cups plain flour, plus extra for kneading
- 150g butter, chilled, diced
- 2/3 cup icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 3x250g punnets strawberries, hulled
How to Whip Perfect Cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 22cm springform pan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl and stir in butter. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sift in icing sugar and baking powder.
3. Using a large spoon, mix in yolks until dough just comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly pull dough together to form a ball. Place on prepared tray and press down to form a 1cm-thick, 22cm-diameter circle. Chill for 20 minutes.
4. Place springform ring around pastry to help keep its shape. Prick pastry with a fork and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and risen. Set aside to cool fully on tray.
5. To serve, spread whipped cream over pastry. Top with strawberries and dust with extra icing sugar.
• Energy 2597Kj • Protein 6g • Total Fat 44g • Saturated Fat 26g • Carbohydrates 50g • Sugars 28g • Sodium 453mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation