Mini Cheesecakes with Strawberries
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar plus 1/3 cup for the filling
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, plus 1/4 cup juice
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 125g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 passionfruit, pulp only
How to Use Leftover Pastry
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan.
2. Layer filo sheets, brushing each sheet with butter and sprinkling with a little sugar (1 tablespoon to be used across all 3 layers). Brush top layer with butter. Cut filo stack into 24 equal squares. Line muffin holes with pastry, buttered side down.
3. Bake for 6-8 minutes until lightly golden and crisp. Cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla essence until smooth. Beat in lemon zest and juice.
5. Place 1 Tbsp boiled water into a small jug. Sprinkle gelatine over and whisk vigorously with a fork to dissolve. Whisk into cream cheese mixture.
6. Divide mixture between each case to fill, then chill for 1-2 hours until set. Top with strawberries and passionfruit to serve.
• Energy 337Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 6g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 98mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation