Deconstructed Banoffee Pies
- 300ml cream
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g butter, melted
- 125g malt biscuits, roughly crushed
- 400g store-bought caramel sauce
- 4-5 large bananas, peeled and chopped
1. Using an electric mixer, whip cream to form soft peaks. Fold in the sugar and vanilla extract and set aside.
2. Mix the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and set aside.
3. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of caramel sauce into the bottom of each jar and tap on the bench to level. Spoon or pipe a heaped dessertspoonful of the cream and level with a spatula. Scatter 1 tablespoon of biscuit crumbs over the cream and top with a layer of chopped banana.
4. Repeat with another 1 1/2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, a layer of cream, biscuit crumbs and banana.
Bananas ripen quickly in warm weather. Once they are ripe, you can store them in the fridge until you want to eat them. The skin may turn black but the flesh won't be affected.
• Energy 2736Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 21g • Carbohydrates 79g • Sugars 58g • Sodium 394mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation