Corn Fritters with Smoked Salmon and Aioli
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 125g corn kernels, drained
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup store-bought aioli
- 100g smoked salmon slices, broken into pieces
- Snow pea or salad sprouts, to serve
How to Chop Herbs
1. Sift flour and baking soda together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
2. Whisk egg and milk in a small bowl.Gradually add to the flour mixture, whisking until batter is smooth.
3. Stir in corn and spring onion. Season to taste. Rest for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a large, greased frying pan on medium. Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture into the pan, leaving space between each to allow for spreading.
5. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook for another minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Serve topped with aioli, smoked salmon and sprouts.
Keep the green part of the spring onion and add it to your next summer salad.
• Energy 234Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 3g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 5g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 226mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation